Holidays of 2014 - Regular Holidays, Special Non-working Days, Special Holiday
|Image Credit: Office of the President|
Below are the following regular holidays and special days for the year 2013 shall be observed in the country as stated on President Aquino proclamation.
Regular Holidays for 2013 are as follows:
- New Year’s Day - January 1 (Tuesday)
- Maundy Thursday - March 28
- Good Friday - March 29
- Araw ng Kagitingan - April 9 (Tuesday)
- Labor Day - May 1 (Wednesday)
- Independence Day - June 12 (Wednesday)
- National Heroes Day - August 26 (Last Monday of August)
- Bonifacio Day - November 30 (Saturday)
- Christmas Day - December 25 (Wednesday)
- Rizal Day - December 30 (Monday)
Special (non-working) Days
- Black Saturday - March 30
- Ninoy Aquino Day - August 21 (Wednesday)
- All Saints Day - November 1 (Friday)
Additional special (non-working) days
- December 24 (Tuesday)
- December 31 (Tuesday)
Special Holiday (for all schools)
- EDSA Revolution Anniversary - February 25 (Monday)
The proclamations declaring national holidays for the observance of Eid’l Fitr and Eidul Adha shall hereafter be issued after the approximate dates of the Islamic holidays have been determined in accordance with the Islamic calendar (Hijra) or the lunar calendar, or upon Islamic astronomical calculations, whichever is possible or convenient, the proclamation read. The National Commission on Muslim Filipinos (NCMF) shall inform the Office of the President on which day the holiday shall fall.
The proclamation, signed by the President August 16, shall take effect immediately and the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) shall promulgate its implementing guidelines.
Official source of Proclamation No. 459 series of 2012, Philippine Holidays for 2013 is credited to Office of the President of the Philippines.